Walkthrough for Thief of Fate
start in the wilderness, in the Adventurers Camp. From there you
need to go into the ruins of Skara Brae and go to the review board
( see map ). You will be instructed to destroy a certain nasty character
located in the dungeons underneath the Temple.
The whole purpose
of the Skara Brae Dungeons is to develop the characters into superhuman
proportions. There is nothing to be done here that will solve the
main quest. Once the Player party has destroyed Brilhasti, all mages
except Chronomancers become Arch Mages. My advice is that you do
not need a Chronomancer until the first quest is completed. So it
would be to your advantage to keep all mages out out that class
until its time to go on the main quest. This aids in building Hit
and Magic points. When you create your party, you will need (minimum)
1 rogue and 1 bard. The thief will be needed at the final battle
and the bard is needed for 1 song (Sir Robins). I found that a Fighter/Paladin
is also needed (to become a Geomancer) and that 1 magic user will
become a chronomancer. That leaves 2 others with a slot open for
special characters (need to keep that slot open). I made them Arch
Mages. Overall, the party was O.K.
is a diagram of the dungeons in Skara Brae:
Mad Gods Dungeon
|-- Password:TARJAN -----> Level 1
| -----> Level 2 ( find word "chaos" )
|-- Password:CHAOS -----> Level 3 ( Password:BLUE )
-----> Level 4 ( Password:SHADOW )
-----> Level 5 ( Password:SWORD )
-----> Level 6 ( Kill Brilhasti )
Levels 1 and
2 can be skipped if the player knows the "chaos" password
and the magic users can cast mibl ( else the monsters are too powerful
to survive very long).
the first quest of your party and begins a new one. The place you
have been directed to by the old man is Arboria. You will need to
have the chronomancer speak with the old man to learn the needed
spells. Even with the spells, once you get to the casting spot and
cast the spell, you will need the decoder wheel to enter the alternate
1. Meet Hawkslayer
upon entering Arboria, have him join party. remember the word "iceberg"
that he tells you. It will be used later
2. go into town and get gill spell from wizards guild.
3. talk with king who will set you on quest.
4. go out of town and get acorn.
5. go to lake, enter crystal palace and get water of life.
6. go to tower and on level 3 put acorn in hole and water with the
water of life.
7. get nightspear on level 4.
8. exit tower and go to festering pit.
9. use spell apar to get near Tslotha Garnath and kill him.
10. take *everything* laying around, it will be used later.
11. go back to king and get access to grove.
12. enter grove and go to bowl in cavity of valarians chest.
13. put heart of tslotha in bowl and water with water of life.
14. door opens to left and get arrows of life and bow.
15. take items to old man in main universe. hawkslayer will not
teleport with you when you go back, so strip him of all possesions
1. go to outpost
and read diary. get name "alendar". ( not really necessary,
but the story is fun )
2. go to icekeep and on first level go to northeast corner.
3. cast the following spells to get rid of shimmering curtain: levi,
4. enter passage and go to 4th level of white tower. Kill 6 white
wizards and get lens.
5. go back to ice keep ( apar works best to get to passageway )
6. go to southeast corner and cast spells to dispell black wall:
grre, shsp, fear, suel, spbi.
7. go to 4th level and bump off 5 black wizards, get lens.
8. go back to icekeep, northwest corner.
9. cast spells inwo, wihe, fofo, invi to dispell creature.
10. enter grey tower, go to 4th level, and blow away 7 grey wizards.
11. get lens and exit back to ice keep.
12. go to white marble slab and put all 3 lens' into it. Passage
will appear and go down.
13. get wand and sphere on 2nd level of ice dungeon.
14. get back to worn ground and go back to skara brae review board.
note: you do
not need to go into the 2nd level of the ice keep.
1. go to town
and be taught devine intervention spell at wizards guild even the
chrono can learn this spell (handy to have later). also have bard
learn new song in bards guild.
2. go to dragon mountain and kill dragon on 2nd level.
3. get crystal key and dragon blood.
4. go to tower and go to third level. DO NOT KILL Cyanis. Use a
staff of Lor OR cast a heal spell on him. If he charges you and
tries to start a combat, run away and reenter the room. Bard song
Sir Robin should be started before entering the room. Get the triangle
from him and exit the tower.
5. collect a rose from all the bushes. To get the rainbow rose,
pour the dragon blood on the bush to cause bush to bloom.
6. with all 5 roses in hand, enter alliria's tomb.
7. get crown of truth and belt. (see maps for solving problems)
8. head back to old man in skara brae.
HAWKSLAYER "ICEBERG" AND HAVE HIM JOIN YOU.
2. GO TO PRIVATES QUARTERS TO GET LEFT KEY.
3. GO TO BARRACKS TO GET RIGHT KEY.
4. GO TO WORKSHOP USE BOTH KEYS TURNING RIGHT KEY 18 TURNS AND LEFT
KEY 15 TURNS.
5. GO DOWN TO URMECHS LEVEL 3 (SANCTUM) BUT DO NOT FIGHT OR KILL
6. GET HELM AND HAMMER AND GENERATE GEOMANCER.
7. EXIT AND GO BACK TO SKARA BRAE.
geomancer is *required* in this world. There are two seperate spots
where a wawa spell is needed.
1. go to
black scar and get new spells and bard song. any magic user (chrono
and geomancer included) can learn them.
2. go to the tar pit and pick up some tar. you will need a container
so if your bard only has one flask, and doesn't want to throw away
the water, go to a tavern in black scar and get another flask.
3. go to the dense forest and burn a tree to get to the black door.
4. go to the canyon and get the shadow lock.
5. go to the middle of nowhere and use the door and lock. enter
and try to kill sceadu. Be careful, he takes about 8000 hits. and
there is a battle after him. Get all left over objects and leave
you complete this worlds quest, make sure that you have all of the
experience levels you want. At the completion of this quest, the
old man will die and that will be the end of advancement. I haven't
tried going to a wizards guild in the other worlds, but maybe they
still will give you levels. Make sure your powerful enough to finish
this game. I recommend level 60+, arch-mages with 600+ magic and
at least 500+ hits per person. Anything less than a 1000 is risky.
Note: you can
skip all the other dungeons except berlin and tarmitia.
1. give the
names to the ghost head in the berlin dungeon (see map). -> I
don't know if this works since I went the long route to map this.
you may have to start with troy's ghost head question and go from
there in the proper sequence.
2. take on werra and 10 death guards. Tough battle.
3. get shield and head back to old man via skara brae teleport in
northeast corner of tarmitia dungeon.
to entering this universe, I would suggest stocking up the bard
on spirits, 10 drinks should do. He should have a constant sir robins
song playing. Run at all times until you get to the final battles.
This is to keep your mages fresh for the fight. They will need to
be at 100% magic AND 6 harmonic gems apiece. I think that if extras
can be carried by anyone, gems should be it. Then make sure every
spell caster has 3-4 gems before each of the final battles. there
are a total of 3 battles with the last a double battle.
to pick ap all the items you have been sent on quests for in the
storage room at the entrance to Skara Brae. The old man left them
there before he died. Steps to solve this universe:
1. go to each
of the 6 statues on the first 3 levels and use items listed on map
of level. this allows door on level 3 to go from faint outline to
a usable door.
2. through the door is the first major battle. * piece o' cake *
3. go to just before door of next battle and save game.
4. Backup disk here if your system trashes disk when characters
5. fight battle - warning - vortexes are magic resistant and if
they get close enough are deadly. an eama spell will swallow warriors.
6. save game just before final battle and backup disk.
7. cast wawa spell to get at center square of level 4. the final
battle is 2 seperate battles. The key to beating Tarjan is to have
your thief sneak up to him and stab in back. To keep Tarjan from
making your life tough, you need to cast a >successful< prec
spell. 2 diva spells are also helpful. The rest is up to you.
8. sit back and read the accolades heaped upon you.